Saturday, October 18, 2008

Web 2.0 Professional Develpment

This has been a busy week, researching Professional Development sites, technincal and personal is really mind boggling. There is so much info to sift through until you really don't know if it will be beneficial or not. This creates a dilemma because you must first read through the other parts of the wiki to make sure that you are not repeating information that has already been placed in another area of the wiki.

Well, onward and upward keeping the reading and research at an all time high in attemptiing to disover which sites would be the most beneficial for Web 2.0 professional development.

2 comments:

Drew Taylor said...

In no way do I intend to be any type of 'propagandist' for or against but, am including this youtube video link for the sake of commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsa5ZTRJQ5w
My knowledge in many instances concerning this subject is minimal at best but, my much smarter friends who are programmers would probably bring torches and pitch forks to this type of 'information'.


'Fair and balanced' would be my joke if I were to make one but, I am not since this is all very confusing. I will continue to research the current trends in social networking as they develop but, am quite understandably reticent to 'go under the hood' to tweak or poke at the programming 'engine'. Its magic! I press the right buttons and the 'genie' does what I want then goes back inside :)

Keeping current on the web is difficult enough without trying to figure out how to manipulate the device that allows me to be there.

My normal (and healthy suspicious nature) indicates that this is a trend toward a type of control that the new 'users' will think they are in control of when, it may be the other way around. It seems great but, one of my questions is often--"who is it that pays for or promotes development for things of this sort,?" (And why)

Keep up the good work though. I think I may have to keep an eye on this blog even though it seems a bit overly dry and 'educational'.
Don't be afraid to have an opinion but, be ready for the heat flames) from your audience if and when they disagree with you. Thought provoking stuff.

Drew Taylor said...

I hope the links that I'm sending are in color-link-mode so all you have to do is click on them to see the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsa5ZTRJQ5w

Same link just in case.